Sunday, June 30, 2013

Double Vision…

Today’s photo is in honour of sleep. Glorious sleep.

Last night I had the longest stretch of sleep that I’ve had in several years, thanks to a new pain medication that I’m trying. I can’t say that it’s helped yet with the pain (it can take several days to weeks to become effective) but one of the side effects can be unusual tiredness.

It was with a bit of shock when I woke up close to noon today, realizing that I’d had over eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. I’ve become quite used to going to bed around 3 or 4 a.m. and being wide again just a few short hours later.

Not only did I have a great night of sleep from the one dose, I fell asleep again for another three hours this afternoon. It’s not so much about catching up on my rest as it is to have had fewer hours awake having to deal with the pain.

I’m not sure how this new medication will work out, it can have some undesirable side effects. We have yet to see if it even helps with the pain, the documented success rate is about 30%.

But just for last night’s rest alone I’m grateful.

Another side effect is double vision, which lasted for about half an hour after I woke up. The vision issue reminded me of an image I’d created about six years ago, called Trees in a Dream.

An aside, a few blog readers had asked if I was going to post portraits on my website again. I have added some, and hope to change them up from time to time. http://www.theintrepidlens.com

treesinadream

The link to download this photo is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wybp4jafe6nu00k/IMG_2732.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment