Tuesday, April 30, 2013

And Now, News From Our Sponsor…

This isn’t the blog post that I started writing earlier this evening. My intentions led me to write a difficult post that wasn’t at all light-hearted. It was relevant and timely, but altogether not in keeping with the mood that the refreshing, ever so slight breeze wafting through my open window has brought me.

Perhaps it’s just the change in wind direction that has me feeling a bit cheerier tonight, often the wind carries the heavy aroma of garlic from a nearby restaurant. At times enticing, however on days like today when my stomach is feeling especially off from my meds it can be quite unpleasant. Props for the change to breezes from the southwest this evening!

Skipping the heavy post tonight, instead a commercial break brought to you by the season Spring (is it really at long last here? My outside sources are telling me so!)

Images that you see here are ones that I’d photographed in the days when I could walk, run, drive and when deemed necessary crawl on my elbows and belly with my camera to get the shot I wanted. Looking at them doesn’t make me feel the least bit sad or remorseful tonight, I’m taking comfort in the knowledge that I captured these images with intention and appreciation for the beauty I could see through my viewfinder at that time.

Although a good part of my gallery collection featured floral images, I’m far from being an expert botanist. If I’ve accidentally included flowers that display their magic in the summer or fall, please consider them a preview!

IMG_1717

Crocus (1)

tulipstem5

IMG_0033

flurryblue

2 comments:

  1. such beautiful work, sandy! I am so proud to own a print or two .... or five. everytime I look at them I smile and think of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete