Friday, May 3, 2013

In Good Company…

I may or may not have a wee infatuation.

A friend and I have a running joke about our TV boyfriends. Neither of us watch much TV at all, but in chatting last year we discovered that we are in agreement that actor Peter Krause would be welcome to drop by anytime for coffee (no disrespect intended towards my friend’s fiancé, he’s quite a catch himself and my friend and her man know how lucky they are to have found each other).

That discussion led to her lending me the entire series of “Six Feet Under” DVDs last fall, and me making sure that I caught every episode that I could online of the show “Parenthood”. In keeping with the manner of dark humour that creeps into this household, I’m still allowed to look at and appreciate a good looking man. I’m not dead yet!

There are other men that I find quite attractive for various reasons. A great conversationalist is at the top of my list, if he’s got a good sense of humour and physically attractive it certainly doesn’t hurt either.

For many, many years I was a diehard Coronation Street fan. When my daughter and I were without TV and bandwidth this past summer it went by the wayside and I lost track of the plotlines.

After I settled into this apartment the only option that was within my budget was hooking up to the apartment building’s antenna, on a good day I get a decent image on three or four channels. The one dependable station is CBC, Canada’s national network.

After the flurry of moving in activities died down, I made an attempt to catch up again on my beloved Corrie. Not having a DVR/PVR, I had to make sure I had the TV on in time as not to miss it, it became habit to tune in while eating my dinner and catch up on the nightly news while I was at it.

After over thirty years of hardly missing an episode of Corrie, I found that I just wasn’t that interested anymore after my long break from the show. However, the programme that falls in the time slot just before it comes on caught my attention.

“George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight”. Affectionately nicknamed “Strombo” (a moniker that gives the rest of us a break from consistently misspelling his surname), George interviews his guests with an ease and humour that I find very enjoyable to watch. And his rotating trio of sidekicks can always make me laugh (more of comedienne Jenn Robertson please, I’ve been a fan of hers for years!) And…George is not hard to look at either.

For my U.S. readers, you might see George in action for yourself this summer, he’s landed himself a ten week stint on CNN.

You can imagine my delight when what you see in the attached photos was delivered to me yesterday afternoon by a mutual acquaintance. Yes, it’s a bobblehead George, he’s been placed on the dresser here in the bedroom. My daughter and I had a blast last night deferring to George throughout the evening. “Yes, it is time for a piece of chocolate, don’t you agree George?” “George agrees with me, Mom – time for you to rest”.

In an attempt to keep the atmosphere of the room where I spend almost 100% of my time as pleasant and cheerful as possible, bobblehead George is a welcome addition (it might be difficult to read here online, but George wrote “Sandy, Thank you for letting me keep you company" on the back).

Now, George – isn’t it time for another piece of chocolate?

 

George1

George2

1 comment:

  1. haha, I love your new addition .... I wonder if we could find you a peter bobblehead too? of course he could only live with you 50% of the time, we would still have to share our boyfriend! ♥

    ReplyDelete