Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Scoring More…and Yaks…

I had no idea that writing about smoking pot in an attempt to relieve pain would be such a popular subject. Hits to the blog were astoundingly high (no pun intended of course) today. I’m able to pull up a few basic stats on what brings readers to my blog – and surprisingly it wasn’t due to searches on keywords such as marijuana, pot or any drug related terms. Thank you for sharing the post with others whom you thought might take an interest. Feedback has been positive, encouraging and had led to more than a few laughs today. Numerous offers to keep me company (and um, to help check on the quality of the supply) should I decide to give pot another try…I'm pretty sure I won’t, but kind offers all the same!

Another bad pain day, another round of Toradol (my stomach is truly going to hate me tomorrow). Others who have taken this medication for severe pain tell me it knocks them out for hours afterwards, in my case it allows me a window to do a few things. Nothing more strenuous than writing a blog post, replying to a few emails, paying bills online and if I’m lucky I have enough juice left in my lungs for a phone call with a friend.

More of my written work is being dictated these days, arm pain and fatigue is making it more difficult to type. My goodness, between the Auto Correct feature and how the voice recognition software has interpreted my dictation, there are some doozies that appear on my screen!

Before correcting manually, today I had my yak taking a trip to the library, my hair was cut with a dandelion, and my cat was doing something inappropriate to be discussing on this blog. Before hitting the send button, I often find myself with a good case of the giggles  - and if it’s the right person, half a mind to let it go through as is so that the recipient can be in on the fun. Or they can wonder if I’ve lost my marbles and am imagining pet yaks. As for Scrabble, no matter what comes up on the screen – he’s probably done the deed - he does have a particular talent for trouble! Yesterday he learned how to zip and unzip my sweatshirt with his teeth. While I was wearing it. At this moment he’s trying to crawl underneath the iPad beside me on the bed, convinced that he’s grown no bigger than the small handful of fluff he was five months ago.

A bit of Toradol induced energy left in me, maybe I’ll do a Google search to see if anyone does take their yak to the library. Or cut their hair with a dandelion. If the searches leads to anywhere besides my own blog, there are some weird things going on out there in the world beyond my bedroom door… or authors aren’t checking what Auto Correct has come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment