Thursday, May 9, 2013

Nap Overdrive…

Sheer exhaustion.

I’ve spent the better part of the last two days sleeping, I just can’t seem to get enough rest.

On one hand I’m grateful, it’s been so very long since I slept more than four or five hours in a night and daytime naps have been few and far between. And short if they came to me at all.

Although I tend not to get myself worked up over new symptoms or worsening of old ones, there’s a nagging feeling that this level of exhaustion is significant.

I ponder whether the amazingly luxurious pedicure and leg massage that I received here at home on Tuesday evening from a friend relaxed me just that much.

Having my daughter living here has allowed me to worry less about how to manage in the apartment. She takes great care in keeping me fed and watered, attends to any visitors and deliveries, and is the best companion I could imagine. Just glancing her way provides me a great sense of peace, she sleeping beside me is what I tell my nurse is my magic  potion for helping to manage the pain.

I suspect that writing my last post “On The Beach” was the most significant factor of them all. That post was another step, albeit a huge one for me, in the process of letting go. With letting go, perhaps comes that precious sleep I’ve needed so badly.

I apologize to the friends whose calls I’ve let go to voicemail over the last few days (or worse, answered in my grumpy mid-nap state!) leaving Skype calls unanswered, and for not being terribly prompt with emails.

Well and truly zonked, back to sleep I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment