Monday, February 18, 2013

Getting Nostalgic…

A day of bringing back memories.

A very long chat this afternoon with an old friend whom I’ve not seen in about thirty years. How sweet it was to pick up where we left off so long ago and have it feel comfortable and warm.

It was to have been a visit in person today but unfortunately my body wasn’t cooperating with pain levels that have been difficult to get under control over the last few days. I suspect that my Friday grocery trip has something to do with it, but I’m still saying it was worth it (but if things haven’t calmed down tomorrow I may look a little less favourably upon the tub of ice cream I purchased on that trip – or just finish it off so the reminder has been removed!)

Cancelling was a difficult choice, but as I told my friend – there are days when I can cover up how much pain I’m in and others not so much. And when it’s not so much, I know it makes others uncomfortable to watch and I’d rather not put people who care about me through that discomfort if it can be helped.

I haven’t been able to see many friends in person over the last couple of weeks with the pain management dance I’m doing. Getting me to a point of lesser pain, not be nauseated and still awake takes some intricate timing these days. I’m not yet sure if I’m just not getting the hang of it, or the pain is indeed getting worse as the weeks pass. Today I’m going with the latter, and I’ve needed some pretty intense diversions to occupy my mind.

Tonight I needed interaction with people who exude positive energy, but it’s too late to be calling friends (I know a few of you will be wagging a finger at me to remind me that you’ve offered an ear 24/7, but in reality I just can’t see myself calling at this hour).

Instead I did something that I’ve been putting off because I thought it might make me too sad, but in reality it was just what I needed.

You might know that I used to be a pro photographer. Closing my business and selling all of my equipment has not been without a very heavy heart. But what a wonderful ride it was was to do a job I loved so dearly!

To start, I apologize for the length and for the fact that it can’t be played on mobile devices (I lost the original video and unable to convert  this one) – but I’d like to share what brought lots of smiles to my face tonight.  It’s a collection of portraits that I shot in 2009, compiled in a YouTube video to market my services when I still had services to market.

Like I said, it’s long. But exactly what I needed tonight. If I had a talent for anything, I’d like to believe it was capturing love in my subject’s eyes. I’d also like to think that this talent to see love in others hasn’t disappeared.

Click here for gorgeous smiles!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this link to share, Sandy! You have such a gift - still - for bringing smiles and beauty to the world. hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete