Thursday, November 29, 2012

Not Driving the Neighbours Crazy…

I have to be cognizant that absence from the blog may lead readers to wonder what’s happened to me, I get worried emails asking if all is okay at my end. Thank you for checking in on me :-)

This blog now averages about 200 hits a day, a good number of those being repeat visitors. I appreciate that so many of you are coming along for the ride on this journey. To know that I’m in the thoughts and prayers of so many means a great deal to me.

After reading my last post, one might have feared that I started singing and just didn’t stop! Not the case, I’ve had other endeavours on my plate.

The task that’s taken the most time is getting back on line with a computer. Some of you know that my laptop died during the summer (after a slow and painful decline), leaving me without access to much of my data, contacts, a printer, scanner etc. Quite a challenge when I had pressing legal issues to take care of.

I’m back on line thankfully and working away on getting programs reloaded, data synchronized – but the best part of all has been getting access once again to my libraries of photos! In case you’re not aware, before illness stopped my career short in its track I was a family and fine art photographer.

As the photos moved from my backup hard drives to the computer, images would briefly flash across the screen. It felt like I was greeting old friends. I was explaining to a friend the other day who was asking about some of my older images (and we’re talking up to thirty odd years ago) – I can remember with great clarity what circumstances surrounded the capture of each image. What the weather was like, what sort of mood I was in (and there were generally two modes – joyful or contemplative), who I was with (or had just left or was about to meet up with).

The images form a story of my life. And in the case of the portraiture, the stories of others as well. An opportunity and privilege that I will always hold dear.

Below I share the first image that was transferred over last night. Bronte Creek Park, just above freezing temperatures. Taken as I was leaving the park after what I considered a successful afternoon of shooting new images for a greeting card series. Bliss.

IMG_2888 copy

No comments:

Post a Comment