Monday, September 3, 2012

A Thoughtful Gesture Stretches a Very Long Way

Sometimes the most amazing things happen when you least expect them. Today so far had been a tough one, in bed and feeling run down from the move prep over the last few days. Not to mention the prospect of starting radiation in one week with the knowledge that I'll be dealing with the side effects alone, it's scaring me silly at this moment.

I just got a call from the owner/pharmacist of the Shoppers Drug Mart near our old place. She'd remembered that I'd inquired many months ago about the cost of a nutritional supplement that I'm supposed to start my day with (the meds make it hard to tolerate a proper breakfast). I'd thanked her for checking, but it was unfortunately way out of my budget (I'd received generous samples from social services prior to that, but had run out). Laurie had several cases come her way today due to a cancelled special order and she called to offer them to me as a donation.

The funny thing is that I was going to call her
tomorrow anyway to ask if my new place would be within her delivery area; they'd given me fantastic service over the years and I'd hoped that I could continue to give them the business for my numerous meds (the answer is yes, they'd be happy to include me in their deliveries even though out of the official boundaries).

The pharmacist is Laurie Doyle at SDM at Millcroft Plaza in Burlington, she also runs the new SDM at Appleby Line and Dundas. If you ever find her across the counter when picking up your prescription, please do let her know how much her thoughtfulness meant to me.

It blows me away over and over again just how kind people can be ♥

1 comment:

  1. thats amazing news sandy! she sounds like the kind of person who is well suited to her career, a very kind and thoughtful soul.
    it's obvious that you touch all that you come in contact with- your pharmacist included.

    ReplyDelete