Thursday, December 2, 2010

YAYs and BOOs

Just a quick post, I'm on way to the hospital. For once not for me, my doctor is being honoured tonight and we're invited guests (a photography project that I worked on for the hospital is being unveiled tonight). Yay Dr. H!

Yay again to Dr. H. - he managed to get me a three month trial supply of Kineret. A very persuasive man is he, we got the phone call late yesterday. Waiting now for a shipment to arrive from Sweden, and then I start my injections. That's worth at least a quintuple yay!

Boo to my hip. It's been causing me quite a bit of pain, and the results of an x-ray came in yesterday. Doesn't sound like good news, but I'll have a bone scan to confirm exactly what's happening there.

Boo to my jaw. I get so tired of bad news that I neglected to have it checked out when my teeth started not fitting together about six weeks ago. And then it became difficult to eat (which has certainly helped me dump some of this last steroid weight, so that's a yay). While I was on a heavy dose of prednisone for almost a year I was warned that bone problems can develop in the jaw and hip. Am I lucky enough to have gotten both?

Yay to my husband and daughter. I've been a major grump this week. They forgive all, I'm one lucky wife and mom.

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic news about the kineret, and kudos to Dr. H.

    Keep us posted on when treatment begins.

    For now, enjoy tonight's festivities!

    ReplyDelete