Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Two Weeks In

What can I say? I feel better.

Walking has become so much easier, I'm not cringing anymore as I make my way up and down the stairs (and we have lots in our home).

My almost constant fever of the last year has all but disappeared. Just one day last week and even then it was quite mild.

I'm still having cardiac episodes, but they're happening infrequently and don't knock me down as hard as before. Still having shortness of breath, but hey - we're only two weeks into this treatment!

The bone pain is still there, but I'd say that it's becoming less frequent. Sharper pain when it does happen - but I'm being optimistic that it means that the Kineret is doing something. And by something, I mean something good.

As predicted by the nurse at the hospital I've started in the last two days to break out in some unsightly (and fairly itchy!) skin reactions at current and previous injection sites. Tolerable so far, they seem to be under control with oral allergy medication - I'm saving the corticosteroid creams for when the itching is driving me totally crazy! And as I've been told - just hang in there for that first month to six weeks and this phase should pass. So I won't be running around in a bikini anytime in the near future - but who am I kidding, I haven't been scaring people that way in twenty years!

The injections are getting much easier. Just part of my daily routine now, no stressing about them. Yes, they still hurt a bit - but I suspect being relaxed about the shots makes them easier than they might otherwise be. Finding a spot that isn't inflamed might be a challenge for the next while though! We'll make it a party game - help me find a spot that doesn't look like I had a fight with a patch of poison ivy and you win a prize - I'll run up the stairs to fetch anything you need! 'Cause I can now!

I'm sure you can tell that I'm pretty darned pleased with the way the Kineret treatment is going so far. And I'm certain this will only get better as the weeks go on!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This is the news I've been waiting to hear. So glad the Kineret is having a beneficial effect, and may it keep doing so!

    ReplyDelete