Thursday, July 23, 2009

I apologize in advance...

Bad, nasty stuff happen to all of us. I figure I got a little more than my share in this lifetime; I've been thinking that there might be a bit of a bonus for me somewhere for putting on a brave face through all of this, not terribly unreasonable - right?


So I have it in my head that as a reward for dealing with all of this I miraculously have been bestowed with the great singing voice I've always wanted.


When I'm alone at home I've been belting out tunes, singing along with my eclectic collection of CDs with delusions that should a record producer get lost in my neighbourhood and overhear me as he/she knocks on my door for directions that I will surely land a multimillion dollar record deal. Hrrmmpphh. I did mention delusions, didn't I?

I'm afraid that I've now opened the door to causing others great discomfort. After a bit of a rough week I treated myself yesterday to my very first MP3 player (an iTouch in fact, I love it!) but I've realized that I have a hard time listening to it without singing along.

So should you come across a mid 40's woman who's making a complete fool of herself in public (you'll know it's me 'cause of the camera around my neck), not realizing that she's actually making sounds audible to others - forgive me! I'm really trying hard to keep the music inside my head. I am fully aware that I won't be mistaken for Norah Jones, but I do love this escape!

Did I mention that I love to dance too when I listen to music? There will be no mistaking who it is when you find me. Really, I'm sorry for subjecting you to this spectacle. :-)

2 comments:

  1. True Confession:

    I have the worse voice in human history! I do Sessa, really. I have no qualms about belting out tunes, snapping my fingers, etc while on the treadmill at the gym only because everyone else is under headphones too! And if not....I feel sorry for them! Sometimes when I need a break from writing I put on my IPOD and sing and dance around my bedroom.
    Enjoy every moment of it and you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this:) There are very few people out there who can sign as well as they think they can but who cares when you have a limited time on this earth... enjoy. I remember about a year ago drinking some good scotch with my boyfriend, listening to some awesome '70 music and pogoing......oh to have those days again

    ReplyDelete