Sunday, June 7, 2009

Anonymously Yours....

I've been asked by a few readers of this blog (and thank you for the great feedback after my first entry!) why I've chosen not to share either my name or the medical condition that I'm dealing with.

First my name - it's primarily economics! I'm self-employed as a photographer and I'm doing my level best to work as much as I can given whatever my current state of health might be.

I have to appreciate that a potential client coming upon this blog by Googling my name may hesitate to book me if they have any doubt about my ability to follow through on the job. Without knowing me personally they wouldn't know just how passionate I am about my work, how dedicated I am to delivering a great customer experience and how determined I am to keep clicking the shutter!

As for my medical condition (I say "my", as if I own it! I'd gladly sell it to anyone who could dispose of it safely with no harm to others....) again it's that beastly Google issue. You can scare yourself silly looking up any medical condition on the net, and my experience will be different that anyone else's. If someone happens to visit the support group for this particular affliction they will have an opportunity to visit this blog via a link and can draw their own conclusions. For now I feel strongly about not having this blog show up when someone Googles the name of the illess.

On the medical side of things... tomorrow I get the preliminary results of a biopsy taken from my back two weeks ago. Stitches are out and the incision is healing well. Still dealing with a rather persistent case of pericarditis (an inflammation of the lining of the heart) and will probably need to switch to stronger meds very soon. I detest taking meds of any sort, this is a rather big obstacle for me to overcome!