Friday, August 28, 2009

Food, Glorious Food!

I'm grateful for lots of things in my life.

Today I'm especially grateful that my illness generally doesn't affect my appetite - I LOVE good food! Yes, meds over the last few months have taken a toll on my stomach, but when I'm able to eliminate or reduce dosages on some of my meds I'm so happy to be able to eat normally again. Update - the methotrexate is out of the picture, I was spending three or four days each week feeling very ill - unable to eat - and have decided that it's not an experiment I wish to continue.

This weekend my niece is visiting and for dinner I made Penne a la Vodka (actually farfalle, I rarely follow recipes exactly). Double bonus - not only have I had more energy the last few days and felt up to cooking a meal, I also was able to enjoy the results with my family. My heart and stomach are both full!

I'll take my achy bones and other pain any day over tummy troubles. It's one wish I often make when thinking about my future - please let me continue to enjoy my meals!

2 comments:

  1. Penne a la Vodka is my absolute favorite! So glad you were feeling well enough to not only prepare the meal, but to enjoy it with your family. Bon Appetito!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food too! No way around it. Keep cooking and enjoying your meals!

    ReplyDelete