Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Putting Minds At Ease…

I’m overwhelmed by the very thoughtful, terribly kind and beautiful supportive notes being sent to me here on the blog and privately. I haven’t been able to give any of them the proper reply that each deserves, please know that I read and cherish each one. At a time that can be isolating and frightening, I do not feel alone. Thank you for giving me this gift.

I don’t mean to be alarmist, but it has to said that although I have a few specific subjects that I’d like to write about while I’m still here it’s not guaranteed that I’ll get to them. Little in this life is certain, this is a lesson I keep being taught over and over again.

There are two questions about Suzanna that get raised over and over again, and I’d like to answer them now so that I can set some minds at ease.

Although there is not enough known yet about Erdheim-Chester Disease to be 100% accurate in my answer, there is no evidence to suggest that Suzanna or her future children are at risk for acquiring ECD. None of the diagnosed patients scattered around the globe have been found to be even remotely related to other ECD patients. This knowledge helps me sleep at night.

The second question I’m often delicately asked is if Suzanna will be okay financially after I’ve passed. Bluntly, yes. My life insurance coverage will allow her to complete the university education she wants and deserves.

I feel better putting that out on the table, I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment