Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How I Spend My Afternoons

I just posted this on Facebook, but I thought I'd also share with all of you a brief story about how exciting my days are around here - despite being a bit grumpy about my lack of sleep (see previous post) we can still have a good laugh. :-)

Kinda proud of myself, saw a big ole spider (hate having them in the house, or worse on me!) waaaaay up high on the vaulted ceiling and wondered when he might be ready to take a trip down to visit us, but decided not to wait. Devised a catcher by putting the sticky side of duct tape facing outwards on the end of a broom handle and climbed up on a chair. Got the sucker, but when I went to show my husband (proud of me? catching huge* spideys!) he jumped off and scuttled towards my feet. So much for my fearlessness, my shriek was probably heard in Hamilton.

I really need to patent these brilliant (semi brilliant at least!) ideas... :-)


* I should add that my husband might have a differing definition for "huge" than I do when it comes to spiders. But just spiders. Well, maybe snakes too. I must have the "scary beast magnification option" installed in my vision software.

No comments:

Post a Comment