Saturday, November 6, 2010

We're Still Giggling!

Despite the somewhat more somber mood in our household, we're still trying to hang on to our sense of humour.

A few days ago, my daughter got a call from her Dad's house (she splits her time between two households), asking if there was any particular reason why her school uniform was strewn across the front lawn. Turns out she had stuffed her clothes into her school bag as she ran out to the driveway where her driving instructor was waiting (he was going to drop her off at our house afterward and she needed her uniform for the next school day). They'd fallen out as she swung her bag over her shoulder. Easily solved, my husband picked up the clothes that evening. No worse for their public airing.

The next morning I felt well enough to drive my daughter to school (she otherwise takes two buses which don't always connect as scheduled due to lots of local road construction). We leave pretty early and I didn't feel like showering and dressing for the half hour round trip. The sweatpants I'd been wearing the previous evening were handy so I pulled them over my pj bottoms so the neighbours wouldn't be able to see that I hadn't bothered to dress properly.

My daughter got in the drivers seat, and I climbed in beside her (btw - she's getting to be quite a good driver, keeping our fingers crossed that she passes her next exam to allow her to drive on her own).

An uneventful trip, and I was soon back on our street. What the heck is in the driveway? Can't be...

I hurried over to the side of the drive where I'd climbed into the car 30 minutes earlier. A wee bit embarrassing - but it was my panties. In plain view.

They must have slipped out of the leg of the sweatpants, I hadn't separated my laundry in my exhausted state the night before.

How many of my neighbours saw, and how many are wondering what kind of drugs I'm on these days? And why can't the women in our family keep track of their clothes?

We truly are still finding lots to laugh about. And my latest comedic indulgence? "Modern Family". Did you catch the episode about Gloria's accent and mispronunciations? That sure brought back memories of growing up with a mother with a strong German accent. I can't tell you how many times my friends would look at me with alarm, clearing misunderstanding what my Mom had just said.

I don't think my husband and daughter can understand just how much it helps when they get me laughing. And they do, every single day (especially when I keep inadvertently providing the fodder!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you wanton women! I laughed out loud when I read your post. :-)

    ReplyDelete