Friday, October 8, 2010

The Mirror is Not My Friend

However, my husband and daughter most definitely are.

I'm looking pretty haggard these days. Lack of sleep and everything else going nuts in my body have me hardly recognizing myself these days. I've lost the steroid chipmunk cheeks and about half of the steroid weight so far - but all I see are sunken eyes and a rather unhealthy looking tint to my skin. Yesterday I came across a photo of myself taken about two years ago and I seem to have aged at least ten years since then.

But every single day, both of my sweeties tell me that I look beautiful. I'm grateful that they can see past what I'm seeing in the mirror. Or they've both become great fibbers :-)

One upside - every year I dress up as a witch at Halloween to dish out the treats; this year I won't need much make-up to look convincing!

1 comment:

  1. You are still such inspiration for me. Hang in there and know how much so many people love and care about you!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete