Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nothing New

I'm grateful that many of my readers have been checking in to the blog since my last post. I've been quiet on here because there's really nothing to tell!

Last week I met with my regular doctor in Toronto. He let me know that the supply of Enbrel arrived and was in the hands of the doc who through some pretty deft negotiations obtained the trial dose for me. Had to repeat a bunch of the baseline tests since a few months had passed since we first set out on this path. Normally I'm fairly patient in the long waits for blood tests, x-rays etc. but that day I seemed to have little tolerance - maybe all this waiting, testing and more waiting is getting to me.

Now we wait once again. That drug is sitting in a refrigerator somewhere in the bowels of Mt. Sinai hospital and I await the call that the doctor, my injection instructor, the paperwork etc. are all lined up and I can head into the hospital for my first dose.

Ring you darned phone, ring.

Update - 15 minutes after sending this post out, a call from the hospital came in! Playing telephone tag at the moment, but it's the coordinator of the clinical trial who would like to speak with me. Let's hope we can get things lined up for next week!

1 comment:

  1. Can't blame you for being impatient. Hope it comes through soon--next week would be good!

    ReplyDelete