Thursday, May 21, 2015

Without a Manual




     I have some exciting news to share about my mom's book, Without a Manual... It's finally been published, and is available for sale!

     In addition to many posts from this blog, for the book my mom wrote some additional posts. I also wrote the final chapter of the book, wrapping up the ending of my mom's story. Many of her dear friends also contributed their words to the book - I may be biased, but I think the combined efforts are a beautiful tribute to my mom's life.

     My mom and I had decided that we would like 50% of the proceeds of the book to be donated to charity. I had the idea that the charity would change on a quarterly basis, and I will be updating that information as it comes up.

     Currently, the book is available for sale through the publisher - this is the best route regardless, as a higher percentage of royalties is achieved that way. A higher portion of the proceeds coming to me means, essentially, that a higher amount can be donated to charity. Paperbacks and hardcover books can be purchased through the publisher, FriesenPress, and I have been told by friends who have already made purchases that the book is available as an eBook on the kobo store and the iTunes bookstore. I haven't received much information about eBook availability, but will update once I know more.

     The book through the publisher is $16.99CAN for a paperback, and $22.99CAN for a hardcover. 

     In the coming weeks, the book will also be made available on Amazon and other online retailers. Again, when they are available through those avenues I will post more information about it.

     Thank you to all the readers of my mom's blog, Without a Manual, for your support over the years - both in times when my mom was still with us and when she wasn't. I know she appreciated all the positive thoughts sent our way immensely, as do I.

     I am so proud of the beautiful book she put together. It can be purchased at http://www.friesenpress.com/bookstore/title/119734000013246088.

Thank you,
Suzanna

2 comments:

  1. what is the ISBN of the book? I'd like to purchase it from Sydney Australia. Also my condolences.. may your mum rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Here are the ISBN numbers:

      978-1-4602-3946-9 Hardcover
      978-1-4602-3947-6 Paperback
      978-1-4602-3948-3 eBook

      Again - thank you for your interest in my mom's book and for your kind words.

      Suzanna (Sandy's daughter)

      Delete