Thursday, October 31, 2013

More Info on CBC Documentary

The first portion of the documentary “Last Right” was broadcast on CBC’s “The National” this past Monday.

In case you missed it, the twenty minute segment can be viewed here: http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Health/ID/2414736523/

Promo clip: http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/The+National/ID/2414223022/

Promo clip, Duncan McCue’s thoughts as a reporter for the series: http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/TV+Shows/The+National/ID/2414736568/

(the clips can also be found on YouTube in case your mobile device doesn’t allow you to watch the links noted above)

The next segment will be broadcast on “The National” this coming Monday, November 4th, featuring Harriet Scott. At the end will be a short promo clip for the segment featuring my and Suzanna’s story, airing Wednesday November 13th.

Suzanna and I would like to thank the many who have been in touch with us to offer support since the promos started airing. For the viewers who have been wondering, yes – that is my photograph entitled “Solitary Stroller” that is being used for the series title screen.

In an ironic twist, “Solitary Stroller” had been by far my best selling photograph over the years. When I’d make deliveries to the stores selling the image on greeting cards, I’d often be told that this particular card sold well as a bereavement card. Hearing that wouldn’t make me sad at all, I was honoured that there was something about the image that evoked feelings of compassion for someone who had experienced a loss.

As a now “retired” photographer, I’d like to hang my hat on that thought. I accomplished what I had set out to do with my camera, to share the beauty of what I was seeing around me.

1 comment: